The big excitement for us was the opportunity to go fishing! I haven't fished since I was a kid and it has been about 5 years for Julio, so it was quite fun. What made it all the more fun was having a child-free hour and a half, as our friend, Shonet, graciously looked after our little Luke for us. By some miracle she even got him to go to sleep! So, sadly there are no pictures of Luke and Shonet's fun time, but here are some of ours...



And then there were the games...I bought a new game the day before we left for the lake and it was a big hit. We played it at least every day if not a couple of times a day. It's called Bohnanza and is a card game about planting and harvesting beans. Quite fun actually!!

We went for a hike on Sunday morning to a little lake about 20 minutes away. We did the Mantario trial with this couple and another one a few years ago and this felt like an abridged version of that hike :) (Quite abridged!!) Luke took a good nap on the way down as you can see. It was a lovely spot to hike to.



So, here's a glimpse into our vacation-in-a-weekend!
3 comments:
Oh dear, This was a hard one for us!!! We wish so much we could've been there. It looks like a great weekend and I'm so glad you had the chance to do this together. Can we already make plans for next summer?!?! love you guys, k and p
The top picture looks like it could be in a travel guide.
Luke's really napping hard there.
Julio looks different in every picture.
Ken needs a punch to the kidney. (just kidding).
Yes, travel guide for sure, especially with Julio's geeky hat. Never tell him I said that.
I love that Julio looks different to you in every picture...that's what I love about him, he keeps it fresh, you know?!?
Thanks for reading all these posts...work must be really boring these days! Got your dancing shoes ready Stevie?!?
Post a Comment