In the last few weeks Luke has really taken off with his words, so I'm going to try to compile a bit of a list so I don't forget. This may be more for my benefit than yours, but at least it's a peek into Luke's current stage.
Words that have been around a while:
dad
hi
hi dad
bye
uh-oh
upela...how do I spell this?!? It's a French word meaning "whoopsy daisy", he pronounces it "up-it-a"
ow, owie
papa (what he calls his grampa)
Words that have been around a while:
dad
hi
hi dad
bye
uh-oh
upela...how do I spell this?!? It's a French word meaning "whoopsy daisy", he pronounces it "up-it-a"
ow, owie
papa (what he calls his grampa)
stuck
Newer words (in the last few weeks):
mom, mommy
hallelujah (more like ah-yay-yu-yah)
cock-a-doodle-do(de-do-de-do!)
chat (cat in French)
baa baa
book (clear as a bell!)
sure (so cute...I love how he says this!)
attempts at "Nannie" and "gramma"...not too clear, gramma has come out "baba" quite frequently
milk
encore...more like "co...co" when he wants me to do more of something, like read a story, feed him grapefruit, etc.
duck
amen
thank you...not much of a th sound there, but somewhat recognizable!
Luke...more like "uke" or sometimes "guck"
up
off
Newer words (in the last few weeks):
mom, mommy
hallelujah (more like ah-yay-yu-yah)
cock-a-doodle-do(de-do-de-do!)
chat (cat in French)
baa baa
book (clear as a bell!)
sure (so cute...I love how he says this!)
attempts at "Nannie" and "gramma"...not too clear, gramma has come out "baba" quite frequently
milk
encore...more like "co...co" when he wants me to do more of something, like read a story, feed him grapefruit, etc.
duck
amen
thank you...not much of a th sound there, but somewhat recognizable!
Luke...more like "uke" or sometimes "guck"
up
off
Liam (sounded kind of like "lemon" one time!)
Tricia (quite clear actually!)
fish (I didn't even know he knew this word! The other day I joined my mom and aunt and uncle for breakfast at Aalto's and there's a little fountain with fish in it a little ways away, in the hotel part. My dad usually takes him for a walk there if we join them for breakfast but he was away, so I went with him. The whole way to the fountain he kept saying "fish fish" clear as a bell!)
push
brush (no real "r" sound)
yes
hat
hug
cheerio
more
uh huh, along with good inflection and head nodding...so funny! Last night my mother-in-law was over and we were talking over supper, and then one or the other would say "uh huh uh huh" while we were talking, and Luke would completely copy us, nodding and saying "uh huh uh huh"...we could hardly talk at times we were laughing so much! And then of course he knew he was funny so he kept doing it. I loved it.
I may add more as I think of them! I have to say, this journey into language is amazing, I'm loving it. He's so delighted when he repeats something and we're smiling away. His receptive language is quite good too, he's good at throwing things in the garbage for us, or giving things to people when we say "donne a Dad/Mom" (give to Dad/Mom). This morning he surprised us, as Julio was looking for his cell phone, he was asking me if I knew where it was, and then Luke walked into the office and came out with it just as Julio was calling himself to find it! Of course I think he's practically a genius. Yesterday he surprised me too, I was trying to get him to lie down and take a nap, so I sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him, thinking it would calm him down. I've only sung it to him once before that I can remember, and didn't remember any actions so I would just flutter my fingers in the air, and he immediately sat up and started doing that once I started singing! I couldn't believe he remembered that! And then the "up above the world so high" part became a favorite, mostly I think because he knows the word "up", so he started singing "up up up..." and I just loved it. The top of my list for sure is "hallelujah" and "cock-a-doodle-do" though...usually accompanied by the world's cutest smile.
So, that's Luke at 18 months!
1 comment:
Yah.
So, Eli nods and shakes his head and points and says "MO" which means either "please", or "more", or perhaps "give me that right now". But he's cute so I guess I'll keep him. :) The one song I have sung to him he really likes and does a little spider action. I should really try a few more huh?
xoxoxoShan
Post a Comment