I'm happy to report that our basement renos have really been taking off these days. We found a guy to do our mudding and taping of our drywall and have booked him for an exact DATE even, and so the pressure is on to get the drywall up. Julio has been working really hard at it and it's coming along great, although I don't really know much about drywalling, so just seeing walls up in any form makes me more than happy. I think this whole basement reno thing has really deepened Julio and Luke's relationship. He's asking for "daddy" more than "mom" these days and will often say to Julio as he's waking up first thing in the morning, "daddy? stairs?" (as in, downstairs). And often throughout the day he mentions "daddy" and "nails" or "tools" or "hammer". I've been feeling a little left in the dust, so the last few days I've been trying to up my status with Luke and have taken him downstairs to do some hammering with him. He looks at me with such admiration when I get that nail to stick in the board that I can't help but be somewhat proud, even though the "nails" we're using are actually drywall screws in a piece of scrap 2x4 that only goes in a quarter of an inch. But he's impressed.
Today my status really got bumped up a notch as I cut out my first sheet of drywall. I got to use a drywall level and one of those chunky flat pencils and an exacto knife. I kept the pencil behind my ear for a good hour afterward, just reveling in my new talent.
Today my status really got bumped up a notch as I cut out my first sheet of drywall. I got to use a drywall level and one of those chunky flat pencils and an exacto knife. I kept the pencil behind my ear for a good hour afterward, just reveling in my new talent.
Luke is downstairs right now with Julio and "Tata" (Julio's dad) and I've heard a few "touche pas" so I should probably go give Julio a break. But not before sharing a few pictures of our family work day:
No comments:
Post a Comment