Julio had Friday to Sunday off, so we joined a friend of mine who teaches at TCI in a family studies class where they run a nursery school and went to the zoo with teenagers and toddlers and my pregnant teacher friend. It was a gorgeous day, but I think Luke enjoyed the puddles he found probably a bit more than the animals. They were so hot and tired that Julio referred to the leopard as looking like just a big rug so why would Luke care, but at least the bison were massive enough to get noticed. The bears were a hit, however, and we stood there for a good long time watching them roam around. After days of rain and drywall, we were happy just to be out! And it was great having huge "roads" without cars for Luke to run around on. So we had fun.
Luke and Julio enjoying the bears.
Our "walk". The normal 15 minute loop took us about an hour. To be honest, it was the perfect pace for me. Luke didn't want to sit in his stroller, so he meandered here and there and did the occasional sprint with Julio.
Luke's favorite thing was to throw rocks in the lake, so I bum-scooted around the beach (quite the sight I'm sure, we were, thankfully, the only ones on the beach) finding him rocks and he would run to me, get the rocks, run back to Julio and they would throw them in. 
A brief visit by Papa Ron and "A-Anne" (Gramma Anne officially). For all of you worried about heavy machinery and small children, the tractor was not running with Luke in the vicinity. (happy Marcia?!?)
On Uncle Don and Aunt Betty's deck...they had a bunch of tools that Luke happily stored in the trunk of this car and drove around with. At one point he actually tried to take off with the entire car and bring it to our cabin. And I can't be certain he didn't stash their hammer in a pocket somewhere...the boy LOVES hammers!
Finally, back home. In the last week or so, Luke has seriously bonded with his stuffed bear. "Bear", or "Beer" as it often sounds to me (I've been secretly calling him "Labatt" but don't tell Julio...), has his own place at the table now. Directly across from Luke. We must hold Bear's hands to pray, we try to feed Bear but he hasn't quite mastered the chewing thing yet, we very nearly even gave Bear a time-out yesterday. It's been interesting. As is Bear's smell...I really must wash him soon...


3 comments:
So Luke wants to be just like Dad, taking his shirt off and all. Glad to see you didn't feel compelled to join in on that activity. I like your rock art. It was high time you posted and you did not disappoint. Keena and Jello. I love kids. Best reason to have a blog. Oh yeah, that and building a house with lots of pictures of a cute kid in the house in progress to make it interesting.
He actually did ask me to take my shirt off and whined when I didn't, but I have standards you know.
Yeah, kids are good blog material for sure. Otherwise you have to be a world traveler or have deep thoughts or something to make it interesting.
a long awaited blog post and you certainly did not disappoint! looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment