(At my friend Jeannie's wedding, July 21st)Of course I would love for this to be the post where I put pictures up of our lovely little bundle of joy and I talk about how actually the labour really wasn't as bad as I was anticipating and Luke just adores his new sibling and life as 4 is grand. But this is not that post. No, this is the post where I say, yes, I'm STILL waiting, yes, I'm 4 days overdue, yes, I've heard numerous stories of people who go at least 2 weeks overdue (is that supposed to be encouraging somehow?!?) and yes, at church on Sunday I did get 6 or 7 "oh, you're still here!" comments. I figured instead of getting annoyed at them I should just count them and make it a game. It's funny, I'm a games person but it wasn't my favorite game in the end. Oh well. If you're reading this and you told me you went 2 weeks overdue or said "you're still here" at church, don't worry about it, I'm starting to find it all rather amusing. Why do doctors bother giving due dates anyway!?? I was going to be so good this time about not fixating on a due date but that's turned out to be impossible. Probably also because for the last two weeks I've had mini contractions and keep thinking I'm going into labour, but as you can see, no such luck. I'm actually starting to believe that maybe this is just my new look and I should get used to it. I've actually had so many compliments on my pregnant body that I should probably not be so eager to give it up. I mean, truly, when have my abs been tighter?
In other news, I did deal with the kitchen papers. I just feel better about you all knowing as opposed to thinking that my husband is working like a dog and I just sit around eating m&m's all day. I'll have you know that I've varied my diet slightly today and ate an ice cream cone and a half (Luke didn't finish his), an oreo, toast (today surprising without nutella) and some watermelon. I'm a firm believer in a varied diet.
I fear if I continue I'll just be pleading with you all to pray for my uterus to contract and that may just sound a bit desperate or ridiculous (but go for it if you'd like) so I think I'll just post a few pictures and call it a day.
Luke in the Mr. Rooter van...
Self-portrait using our new camera
Babysitting my nieces...I answered a phone call and came back to see Alexandra reading a story to Victoria and Luke. Maybe we should look into getting a six-year-old as well as a baby.
2 comments:
Very nice Corinna. You are woonderful!
Now you have me wondering... Did I say THAT on Sunday?! LOL:)
Post a Comment