Monday, February 18, 2008

A bunch of stuff


This post is just a big jumble of our life in the last while. I'm not guaranteeing that I'll organize the pictures and videos, but I plan to make them abounding. As you can see from the pictures, everyone is getting potty trained around here. It wasn't working so well with Luke, so we thought we'd start with Samuel and see if the young could teach the old. I think our plan has succeeded, because Samuel's had a few successes (I'm not an infant potty trainer, for the record, I'm not nearly dedicated enough. We just happened to catch him in the act and thought we'd save the diaper. Plus it was cute and funny.) And we're happy to report that after much frustration and dirty clothes, Luke has had several potty successes. I don't know how long of a road it will be, but we're feeling slightly encouraged at this point, so we'll just take it a day at a time. Potty obsession is interesting, cheering like a maniac when it works, asking him a million times if he has to go when he has any sort of calm, pensive look, being suddenly okay with a disgusting kid potty in front of the TV if it'll inspire pee...I'm sure anyone without kids would think it's all way too gross for words. But it's the hope of a different way of life that keeps us going, a diaper free life, where bums get wiped on their own and all is well with the world. And so we perservere.

It turns out I'm exhausted and so I'll just leave it at this for tonight. More sooner rather than later, I hope!



, Babysitting our little friend, Norah, and some hockey clips.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the movie of Luke and Nora the best. I like all of the pictures the best, too.

Robyn said...

I'm so glad you got Twinkle Twinkle taped. You're very cool with the guitar and everything. Next step is Soulja Boy. You'd be good at the dance. Claire and I have been working on it.

Anonymous said...

Love all the photos! Very cute.

Good luck with the potty training. We are going down that road with Sadie now too.

L said...

Great pics and videos. Love Samuel on the toilet - that's the cutest thing ever. And way to go on the guitar, Luke!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that watching hockey while using the toilet is probably every man's dream. It sucks so bad if you have to get up to go and miss a goal. :)

Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

we are in potty training mode too, and we've had very few successes. i never seem to catch her in that pensive mood!!! good luck with it all!

L said...

Time flies when you're potty training; it's been a month since your last post. Or maybe you're doing the 30 day challenge, just the opposite way.