A goalie helmet, a net, two hockey sticks and two balls. It was so fun taking him to Canadian Tire to pick it out, and we weren't going to originally get it all for him, it was going to be EITHER the goalie helmet OR the net and sticks and balls. But trying to get him to choose nearly sent him to tears. This is kind of how the conversation went:Us: what do you want, the goalie helmet or the net?
Luke: the goalie helmet.
Us: Okay, then the net and hockey sticks stay here.
Luke: I want the goalie helmet AND the hockey sticks.
Us: You can't have both. Would you rather have the net and sticks and balls?
Luke: Yeah.
Us: Okay, then let's leave the goalie helmet.
Luke: But I need the goalie helmet AND the net!
Me, to Julio: He's worked so hard at this, this is the one time in his life he's actually EARNED something, shouldn't we just get him both?
Julio to me: eyes rolling...
Julio to Luke: Okay, Luke, you can have both.
I don't think he's regretted it either. Luke plays with that stuff every day. He is such a sports-a-holic. We've been going to watch my dad curl on Saturdays more too, so he's often found "curling" in the living room or playing badminton as there's a badminton area at the curling rink too that Luke's totally fascinated with.
Here's another funny moment from this past month. Luke's Bear got potty trained one day. I came into the bathroom and found Luke reading him a story while he sat on the potty.
And here is my table full of a couple of Norwex orders that came in on the same day.
My little business continues to be fun and a real blessing in this time when Julio's been at home making a bit less moolah. Although our family four month vacation is coming to an end, as Julio will be back at work next week. Somehow it's felt busier with him around! It'll definitely be an adjustment to have him back at work, we've actually had a ton of fun.
And finally, our good friends Jeremy and Jaimee just had the sweetest little boy Isaac this past month. He's an absolutely doll and they are having a lot of fun with him which is great to see. 
And now for some Sammy news: he has two bottom teeth, I think that happened around 6 months exactly, he's sleeping pretty good now which is really great, he's had one haircut and needs another to fix his combover look, he's a huge smiler and can jump higher in the Jolly Jumper than I think it's intended for! He is such a fun kid. I was at Kidspot (an indoor play area at a church) the other day and a lady was looking at Samuel as he was making eyes at her and smiling and said, that kid could fool you into wanting more! He has his moments, for sure, but on the whole he's a pretty happy, fun little guy. The other night I had a bunch of women over and he was just going to bed as they were arriving. He wouldn't settle so I brought him out and he immediately started smiling at everyone. After about half an hour of that, he started squawking a bit so I brought him to his crib but he turned around a gave them all one huge grin before going off to bed! What a goofball.
Happy Easter everyone!
3 comments:
Love the post! Photos and stories are all great. I've been waiting to hear from you.
Hope Bear's toilet training is going well - there's nothing fun about cleaning up bear poop accidents.
Hey, small world. I used to babysit Jaimee back when I was in high school.
Post a Comment