Sunday, December 28, 2008

More holiday fun

Be prepared to be impressed with all the pictures and video that this post will contain. I'm hopeful anyway, we'll see if the videos cooperate. (Video update: SLOW! Check back later, I'll post separately).

So here we are in our happy, lounging state at home. You don't get to see any pictures of me in my new candy cane pyjamas, but they have gotten a lot of use already and I am in no hurry to change out of them each day. We've had quite a bit of time to just hang out at home and I've been loving it. The only thing missing is a good springbok puzzle, but Sammy would probably just mess it up anyway. He already does that to my train set-ups and I get annoyed at that, and him using the excuse that it's HIS toy and not mine is just lame, in my opinion. I was here first.

Anyway, enough about me, here's our boys. This is the year of the matching attire. Here they are in their matching pajamas. They also have matching football shirts. It's cheesy, but I'm loving it.



Awww...that's what it's like all the time here, really...The boys, just playing contentedly, together, for hours on end. You believe me, right?!?

Sam, pjs, and new farm set.

Luke, pjs, and new hockey pads. His new hockey outfit includes some dreadful looking knee pads and gloves I made for him once a while back, sunglasses, booties from a 1-year-old snowsuit, and his new elbow pads. He takes this outfit quite seriously too!

What memories would be complete without a picture of famous Josh. Now Sammy has just got on the Josh bandwagon and was all over him when they were here for Christmas. He kept going up to Jake and calling him Josh too, and today he was calling some other older boy at church Josh. I guess, in his mind, "Josh" just means "big, cool boy". Today on the way home from church I heard Sammy saying over and over, "Josh, Josh, Josh". We plan on funding his college years as long as he stays out of trouble in his adolescence and comes over weekly.

Luke, on skates! First time this year, and he did GREAT! Such perseverance, I was so proud. He never let go of that hockey stick and just kept at it. We definitely need to get him out skating more!

Sammy could not be left out, and kept dropping his stick over and over again and said "hockey hockey" until someone picked it up.

Family photo! Aren't we cute and outdoorsy.

Sam's first quad ride! Marco and Darci have neighbours with horses behind their house on their large property, so Darci took Sam and I to see them. Sam's word for horse right now is "Ah-ho!" He enjoyed the "ah-hos" a lot!

There we go. Proof that we weren't just in our pajamas 24-7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as we know you could still have your jammies on underneath those coats and boots. Loving the videos and the pics. Good stuff. Luke and Sammy seem very big and older for some reason. I can hardly believe it's only been a few weeks. Crazy. See you soon.

Sheri-Lee