Wednesday, January 21, 2009

boy talk, as in, my boys talk, and say funny things

I've been really bad at keeping up any sort of journaling lately, and Sammy is so completely funny these days with all he says and understands that every 5 min I could write something funny. As in, mildly amusing and probably excruciatingly boring to the majority of the population so let's just be thankful I DON'T journal that much, but cute nonetheless. The current tidbit of mild cuteness? Sammy has been giving us menu ideas. So kind of him. Usually it’s just “sushi, sushi” followed by “esh, esh” (yes) with a few very emphatic head nods. But the last two mornings he’s been giving breakfast suggestions. I got him out of his crib yesterday, brought him to our bed to say good morning to Julio, and he started his menu monologue of “bek-ist, bek-ist (breakfast), ug, ug (egg), toes toes (toast), esh esh (yes) *head nod*”. So Julio made him an egg. Who wouldn’t?!
Luke’s cute too. I was just eavesdropping on Julio’s conversation with him, as he (Julio) was multi-tasking, making cookies with both boys and carrying on conversations with them, while I get tendonitis writing this. Luke said, “we shouldn’t eat our snot, right?” Those are quality moments.
But on to the real story of the day. Luke and I have been getting into his new library books this week, one of them being a Curious George story all about George going to the “hostable” (hospital, for non pre-schooler parents). In it, there’s a girl named Betsy who is sad because she’s at the hospital and has never been there before and is a bit afraid. Well, today when we got to the part with Betsy being sad because she’s never been to a hospital before, Luke says to me, “mom, of course she has! We’ve read this lots of times already and she always goes to the hospital!” Isn’t that priceless?!?

And finally, I leave you with my current source of daily amusement. Favorite lines: “splish splosh”, “voila mon passeport”, “Gerard Depardieu!’’. Sammy now says ‘fa fa’ and ‘ah-ee-ah’.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

This is all hilarious. Your boys. The Conchords, your tendinitis (scratch that). I love the way kids think. Ben usually asks "Why?" after moralizing to us about snot.

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment, but it's business time.

Sheri-Lee
P.S. As if. :)

Heather said...

We took that same book out of the library today...and have already had to read it several times. Had I known at the time how long it was, not sure I would have signed it out!

Kelsey Loewen said...

i adore flight of the conchords! Chad just bought one of their DVDs while in San Diego, and I can't wait to view it once he gets back. Good, quality entertainment. And your boys are hilarious.

Unknown said...

I laughed myself silly at this post, partly because of Isaac's glazed-over, mouth-open response to the video.