Tuesday, March 10, 2009

whirlwind days...

For some reason these last few weeks and months have felt like a whirlwind. I thought that after having finished work in January I would have this sense of freedom and life would be restful and relaxing...it has been some of that, but life with kids just isn't exactly that, and I'm always trying to squeeze in some fun and excitement (aka sewing) into the mix. Anyhow, excuses excuses as to why I never blog anymore. But here's a little attempt.
First a couple of Luke stories:
We were having a conversation about porcupines the other day and Luke insisted that they were called "poke-u-pines" instead of porcupines. Can I argue with such brilliance??
Then there is his singing...he's been into medley's lately, one of my favorites being "How Great Thou Art/O Canada"...at least we're no longer "standing on God for thee", that didn't seem very nice. We have some nice, cheesy, 80s christian VHS video where young kids do different songs to music and Luke pretty much knows them all now. It's pretty neat to be at a point where when I don't know the words to a song, or I can't remember where I put something, I can just ask Luke and 9 times out of 10 he knows.
And then there's been birthday talk floating around, first of all much talk about his birthday and turning four, and what kind of cake to have. He said he wanted a "heaven" cake. Hmmm.... Usually his cake requests are firetrucks or firefighters or spiderman (which he knows absolutely nothing about but heard of somewhere and talks about him all the time). His cousin Victoria is having a birthday party on Saturday and today he was speculating about what kind of cake SHE would like. His first thought was a princess cake, and then he changed his mind and thought maybe she would like a lawnmower cake. A lawnmower cake?!?
Finally, when talking about what present he would like for his birthday he said, "I want a parrotshoot (parachute), so I can shoot parrots." What?!?!? Poor parrots, what did they ever do to him???
And now for some pictures. Here are the boys watching themselves eat coconut lollipops. Strange, yes, cute, also yes.
Reading...in matching pjs. Always a hit.
An attempt at ice skating at the Forks. It was so freaking cold that day we didn't last very long.
Sammy and I trying to be excited about how freaking cold it is.

Short-lived skating.

My dad. The 60-year-old. We've just had a few celebrations for him so he's a big hit around here. As is his hot yellow curling sweater. We go and watch him curl, mostly for the sweater.
The boys, in Papa Ron glory, watching curling.
Wrestling with dad. Good times.
Luke in a bumbo chair. Playing an obnoxious xylophone.
That's all for now, this winter has been long so I'll spare you the un-taken shots of us lazing around at home, playing blocks for hours on end and watching cheesy 80s praise videos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, want to see the pics of watching the cheesy 80's videos. Psalty rocks.

Sheri-Lee

Life is Good said...

At least you get something other than Dora... we are unable to broaden our horizons around here!

Robyn said...

Claire totally said porc-u-pines, too. Totally makes sense. You said that there were matching pajamas, but I didn't see Julio wearing his matching pajamas. I think that all of your boys should have matching pajamas.