That's my uncreative title for today's events. Oh yeah, and it's Halloween. I'm sure that'll be fun too. We borrowed costumes from a neighbour and plan to do a little walk around later, and then have friends coming over to play some games so it should be a fun night.
I think I'm officially nesting, except I've had a nasty cold all week so it's been hard to be productive. But with the help of some amazing people (Sheri-Lee and Julio), the baby room has been transformed since Thursday from crazy brown stripes on the wall amongst other colours to "oyster mushroom". And there is no longer a crib in my living room, along with other baby paraphenelia. I just came from sitting in the newly transformed room (it still needs some little touches here and there but at least it's painted), trying to imagine holding another little baby and doing this all over again. Somehow I think it'll be even more fun this time around, as Luke is so into things and understands so much, and it just feels so amazing to add another person to the mix and see what it'll all be like. The boys were so great today too, letting Julio do the painting this morning and helping to put on drawer handles, etc, this afternoon...Luke is just the most enthused worker ever. I hope that continues as he gets older and has more real skills! Samuel is more into climbing and tried to climb on every available precarious surface as we tried to get the baby room back in order. I have to say, Julio has been AMAZING wtih all of this. He didn't think we needed a baby room transformation and so I said I'd paint, but that didn't happen and he willingly prepped and primed the room on Thursday, including taking off the door and some of the door frame to get the crib out, then Sheri-Lee spent all of Emeth's nap painting away as I watched the 3 amigos wrestle and have fun downstairs, and then this morning Julio finished the painted, cleaned everything up, and helped put everything back in order. I managed to make curtains and a cushion cover yesterday too so I felt I contributed a bit. It was a nesting mother's dream come true. He even said how much he liked the room, the colour and the red curtains. What a guy. This is probably the most boring post ever I'm realizing. Moving on. (But not before a show a few pictures).

While I ran a short errand this morning, after the second coat was drying and pre-organizing, Julio and the boys had some fun in the leaves. Here's proof:


And here are a few pictures of our pumpking carving day a few days ago. As expected, Sammy was right in there digging out the goo and Luke was gagging on the sidelines. Good times.
A little pumpkin craft I did with Luke. Lots of his friends are in preschool so I feel the need to whip out the scissors and glue once in a while, to clutter up our bulletin board with construction paper too.
Boo! Happy Halloween everyone!!
6 comments:
love the room! are the curtains different fabric than you had thought at one time? for some reason i thought you said it had little "things" on them including some pink something which could be toned down for a boy or played up for a girl...or maybe i'm totally in another world and making that up in my head!
The room looks fantabulous. (Sorry, I just gagged like Luke eating potatoes at that made-up word). Seriously, Luke's gagging is hilarious AND the room looks great AND the curtains are a great contribution. AND Sam's enthusiasm is not surprising. AND I want to keep using AND.
How many bags of leaves were there? You guys have a TON of trees in your backy.
-Steve
Heather, yes, it is still all based around that fabric and the change pad has is made from it and my mom is making a quilt out of it, and I may add some more of it here and there. I thought to do some kind of trim on the curtains with it but didn't...we'll see...
Steve - I don't think you're the first to make up the word fantabulous...don't know if that makes you feel better or not. :)
8 bags of leaves...so far...we can't see our lawn again today so more leaf fun to come!
Oh, I wasn't claiming to make up that word. I was more pointing to my gag-reflex being a symptom of seeing overused made-up words. But then, if no one made up words, we wouldn't get great new ones... like Galumph. Still, I see more people using fantabulous than galumph, which is disappointing. I... guesstimate (holy crow, firefox spellcheck didn't even flag guesstimate, agh.. So I end this comment without finishing my thought [does that mean it's infinite?])
-Steve
Steve you are infinite(ly booooring).
I just had a chance to look at your blog. I kept forgetting. Duh. I'm sad you didn't post a close up of your change pad by the fantastically matched paint (or was the paint job on the doors of the change table that bad?).
Looks great. Love you. Love your kids. And, what the heck, love Julio too. ;)
Sheri-Lee
I love your baby room Corinna! It turned out really, really nice.
Post a Comment