Monday, March 15, 2010

Overdue Haikus...

When I was overdue with Anna I got a little silly on facebook and wrote a haiku for each day that she was overdue. I kept meaning to write them down, and finally have a second to do it, so here they are...mine, and some others that people wrote as well.

Day 1
Mama told the boys
Baby comes when snow falls
Warm days laugh at me

Robyn: Tante keeps on waiting
She wants another neiphewce
Come today, okay?

Cousin Cathy: You are going mad
This baby needs to come out soon
I second Robyn

Me: Haiku comments - YES!
Keep them coming one and all
poem induces

Rose: Creative mama
Carrying your precious babe
Comes soon to greet you

Heather Mueller: Three hours since comment
Maybe labour has started?
Or maybe napping...

Robyn: Oh, where is Ellen?
Isn't she a prolific
writer of haikus?

Sheri-Lee: Oh crap, I have lost
The Silvestri baby pool
Bah! It's a boy.

Day 2 - A bit of frost out
Just a tease or some promise?
Show me a snowflake

Robyn:
Corinna Noelle
Oh sweet master of Haiku
Why not have a sale?


S-L:
A Joyeux Noel!
(baby should be here by then
- 'twould be the best gift)


Rose: Sunshine brings great joy
Snowflakes stay away longer!
Sweet Silvestri come

Me: Sushi for supper
Pile on the wasabi
Too spicy? Come out!

Steve: Frohe Weihnachten
I'm stuck on the Christmas theme,
Not really sure why...

Me: (after Robyn requested a French one)
Bébé est content
Mais maman? Pas tellement, non!
Dépêche-toi petit!

Day 3 - This comical shape
Made toddler stare in wonder
Mom, get that ball out! (A toddler at church thought I looked like the most peculiar thing...his mom and I had a good laugh!)

Day 4 - My thumbs are twiddled
Sewing projects completed
I guess I could clean

Ellen: Why won't baby emerge?
What's so great in-utero?
Scared of your brothers?

Heather: Come out little one
I would really like to know
A girl or third boy?

Jaimee: Silvestri baby
Come! The sooner the better
Mama's getting bored

Jackie: Curious we are
This November 17th
Are you Ben or Jen?

Day 5 - Fetal assessment
Baby waved and is so fine
Mama's got a cold

Ellen: Weren't you tempted?
just have to ask and you'd know
pink or blue sleeper?

Day 6 - Another wait day
Sammy decides "potty time"
What timing I know...

Day 7 - No labour pains yet
Stork seems more believable
This is all a hoax

Day 8 - I'm part elephant
Human gestation does not
contain enough weeks

Day 9 - no snow no baby
Christmas tree time instead then
family fun day

Robyn: Guilt overwhelms me
I haven't finished blanket
That's why no birthing

Day 10 - Life has now turned PINK!
Finally a baby is born
Hi Anna Marlene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff. The Joyeux Noel one was actually Steve's. I can't still his glory. :)

Sheri-Lee