Wednesday, September 15, 2010

painting the garage

Have I ever mentioned that my mom is super? Well, she is. Also, she loves projects, which is a wonderful thing for me as I merely mentioned that I wanted to paint our garage and she basically said, "sign me up!" She's such a hard worker, and refused to let me climb up the ladder in case I would fall, because, in her words, "you're more important Corinna! You have three kids to raise!" Seriously, selfless woman to the core. But hands off, she's my momma. Luke thought this was one of the best days ever because he got to WORK. He loves working, in theory. He also loves painting large surfaces with only one colour. That's pretty much how he paints or colours on paper, so finally he was able to "express himself" on a larger surface the way he's always wanted. Sammy liked it too, I think, for all of 3 minutes. Luke, however, was pretty much helping all day.
This is just a sweet picture of Sam actually playing with the quiet book. I have not nearly recuperated the hours I put into that thing in terms of hours it has been played with, but I sure love it when they take time to look at it. Samuel has such an awesome attention span for such things, and just giggles at the farm animal finger puppets and knows how to enjoy the small things. I love that about him.
Anna, starting to get up for the first time on furniture. She's a pro now, I bet she'll be walking any day.
I liked how the sun came in on her in this one.

No comments: