The birthday boys celebrated in the August sun with fine friends and immediate family and now it's all a blur. Every year I say I want to do less for their birthdays and end up doing a bit more. Somehow I thought making hand-made toys as giveaways for each kid, painting a big bean bag toss board and making two pinatas wasn't more. It was. And I obviously don't get out much because you can buy pinatas everywhere, which explains why no one goes to the fuss of making them, especially when even with a hard wooden bat it was nearly impossible for the kids to break them. They ended up playing baseball with it and eventually it sort of broke. Good times. Honestly it was a very fun day and I was so thankful, yet again, that we had good enough weather to do it in the backyard. And still, after 3 years, the boys haven't clued in that most kids don't have to share a birthday with their brother. They talked this year like it was just a fact. I would hear Luke say, "Our birthdays are on different days, but our PARTY is on the same day." Anyone who tells them differently is making me a pinata. Or two.
General mayhem.
James texting Julio while at the party. Julio was a few feet away. Nothing like technology to bring people together...oh wait, they already were.
I asked Sam to get some chives for the garden to put in the potato salad. Thanks buddy.
Driving in a Smart Car.
Love this shot. Thanks Sheri-Lee for the pics!
The pinata breaking attempts...
Digging for gold in the sandbox. They still found some about a month later.
The sweet little Miss Em.
"Junk in the Trunk", a game inspired by "A Minute to Win It". There were six balls in the kleenex box that the kids had to try to get out by jumping around. Sam loved this game.
Popeye "sticks", as they're called now. Pshaw.
This was probably attempt 5 of 25.
I know it's cliche and everyone always says it, but really, it's hard to believe how fast these two are growing up. Their unique personalities are really coming through and I just love them both to pieces for who they are. Luke, my ever helpful, serious, hard-working, adventure loving, outdoor loving, creative, imaginative one, and Sam, my goofy, silly, affectionate, focused, sincere, intense, giggly, happy one. Today as I sat watching them both in their swimming lessons I got a bit choked up, seeing how happy they were, how hard they were both trying and seeing how big they were getting, and feeling just this huge love for them both. I hope they always know that I feel this way, and that I am so blessed to call myself their mom.
Digging for gold in the sandbox. They still found some about a month later.
The sweet little Miss Em.
"Junk in the Trunk", a game inspired by "A Minute to Win It". There were six balls in the kleenex box that the kids had to try to get out by jumping around. Sam loved this game.
Popeye "sticks", as they're called now. Pshaw.
This was probably attempt 5 of 25.
I know it's cliche and everyone always says it, but really, it's hard to believe how fast these two are growing up. Their unique personalities are really coming through and I just love them both to pieces for who they are. Luke, my ever helpful, serious, hard-working, adventure loving, outdoor loving, creative, imaginative one, and Sam, my goofy, silly, affectionate, focused, sincere, intense, giggly, happy one. Today as I sat watching them both in their swimming lessons I got a bit choked up, seeing how happy they were, how hard they were both trying and seeing how big they were getting, and feeling just this huge love for them both. I hope they always know that I feel this way, and that I am so blessed to call myself their mom.
1 comment:
What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
Sheri-Lee :P
Post a Comment