I did the relay again this year. It wasn't as exhilirating this year as last, probably because doing anything for the first time is always a bit thrilling and probably also because I had to wake up at 5am this year to do my part of the relay. Thankfully my marathon bus (Ellen et al) arrived to pick me up at 5:35am (amazingly they had only woken up minutes earlier and got 4 people out the door as well as a neighbour and to my house in about 10 min) and I was fortunate enough to have inspiring marathoners to chat with, as well as Ellen and her super runner kids so the waiting anxiety was at a minimum. Both Dale, Ellen's husband, and her neighbour Karen did the full marathon, and it was rather awe-inspiring to think about what they had to accomplish that day. My bit of the relay went pretty well, I always wish I somehow had more natural ability but my lovely mother was waiting for me at the exchange and I tried to look super athletic for her. She thought I was an absolute star and was so proud, probably because this is the first sporting event of mine she's ever attended. Never too late to start, right?!?


Happy to be done.

Other happenings around our house was the building of a play structure for the kids, which has been worth every cent. The kids love it, and have managed to scale every part of it, in ways that make grandparents shiver and get me running out the door from my sink full of dishes in full panic nearly daily. Samuel had the brilliant idea to walk above the swings one day, like a balance beam (at least that's how it looked to me) and another day I was inside, looked out and saw him lying on the ground, not moving. I ran outside thinking he had fallen and called his name, to which he calmly said, "hi mom! I was pretending I fell off the roof!" Good times!
Helper Luke


We hardly ever eat inside anymore. 
This is where I found Sam one day during his quiet time. All the lights were on in the basement and here he was, totally out.

Sheri-Lee, whipping cream in our living room which Julio found amusing. We had a lovely supper with our whole small group that day...and this is the only picture he took.
Snake pits! Not as gross as I remembered from Grade 5! Woohoo!
The kiddos and me at the conservatory on a rainy morning, which turned into a great morning to check out the new Assiniboine Park Nature Playground. We were there on opening day, with lots of important looking people standing around watching kids play and being happy they liked it. Architects, etc. The area with the sand and water got mucky almost immediately (did they really think kids wouldn't think to put sand and water together?!?) and one guy commented, "trust boys to wreck it on the first day!" That's our boys' favorite spot.

Every parent in Winnipeg now has these exact same pictures.




So now it's summer and other happenings, undocumented by photography, include laser eye surgery for me this week. When I actually think about the surgery it still creeps me out a bit, even though it really didn't hurt, it was just really weird. So, although I'm still dealing with a bit of inflammation which causes my eyesight to be somewhat less than perfect, they say it will all be cleared up in a week or so and already my vision is really nearly perfect and I'm fairly ecstatic. And hooray for me, tonight I don't have to sleep with sunglasses on!
5 comments:
Good job on the update :)
Enjoy the Manitoba sun whilst she lasts.
Just don't look directly into it, even with your new super human vision. (so great)
Silvestris rock
Enjoyed reading up on the happenings of your lovely family! SO much going on. I trust you will get that 20/20 vision after the irritation clears up.
Woo hoo! I missed your posts...and I'm so glad to be a part of 2 in a row. :)
Sheri-Lee
Hooray the pics are working!!! Great posts.
Sheri-Lee
ha ha, actually no Sheri-Lee, this is the post before, I saved the other one as a draft to try and fix it...we'll see if that ever happens. :)
Post a Comment