Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mischief!



Luke is now officially getting into mischief. In fact, as I write, he keeps going for the reset button on the computer and loves the flashing modem lights. I now know how to turn my modem on and off, thanks to him! I also know how dusty it is under our computer desk as I went hunting for his little ball...we have officially entered into a new phase of parenting!
This past week has definitely been the beginning of a whole new era. He loves our carbon monoxide detector and loves our reaction when he starts taking off for it. It's a plug-in thing with a shiny little reset button, which he has found already several times, and which makes an incredibly loud series of beeping noises. He'll start going for it, look back at me, smile, I'll say "no Luke" and then he scurries off. If he manages to get to it before I stop him, he'll press the button and the beeps will go off, and then sometimes he'll try to imitate the beeps with his own high pitched screeches! It's way too cute, to be honest.
Yesterday he did two fairly adventurous things...firstly, he had his friend Liam over and was chasing him around the house as Liam is a bit older and quicker than him! All of a sudden he is underneath a dining room chair, and then managed to get up onto the little wooden beam and over, and kept crawling away! Later on that evening, Julio was hanging out with him and he managed to climb onto the bottom shelf of our entrance way shelf unit, just lying there. This kid is always on the go! And now we are at the standing and rocking in the crib phase. It's amazing how all of a sudden he has just taken off, literally, with all the things he can do! Is it a coincidence that he's sleeping better lately too?!?

No comments: