Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas and our funny kid

Another funny Luke story and a couple of pictures of our day.
Luke is a climber, loves climbing onto anything, chairs, tables, you name it. A current favorite game is to go behind the couch, climb up on my guitar case which is behind the couch, and then flip over onto the couch, get back down and repeat, usually about 5 times. Another fun game which he has invented is "trust fall". He gets up onto our coffee table, extends his hands out to us and wiggles his fingers, USUALLY waits until our hands are extended and then just leans forward so that we'll catch him. Very cute, with only a few scary incidents so far! A couple of times he hasn't waited for me to be ready to catch him, and once when I was on the couch, lying down, he basically just started diving and I caught him from my lying down position. Another time we were at the back door getting ready to leave and he again wanted to play his little trust fall game with me (there's a few stairs there so it makes a good diving spot) but I was in the process of getting my gloves on, so that was a bit of an adventure. So far, no blood, no tears, but we'll see. I would hate for him to learn the hard way that we can't always trust everyone in life...!
And now for a few pictures...
Here's our family Christmas morning portrait...we took two, in the first one both of Julio and Luke's eyes are glowing and they look a bit scary. As do I in this one as I'm still in my pyjamas, but Julio is just modeling his new sweater. For those of you that read one of my earliest entries, the pictures above us are those canvases I wrote about that I finally painted in summer.














Luke opening his stocking... He got a book about Hippos and their belly buttons, as he's just recently discovered his.



















A visit to great-gramma where my parents thought it would be nice for Luke to open a gift in front of her to give her the full experience. They're rewrapping it tonight to give it to him again tomorrow.














My gramma, Luke's great-gramma. I figure my gramma never thought she'd make the internet in her old age so why not prove her wrong. Plus, doesn't she look great?!? I thought it was a nice shot of her. It's funny, my gramma doesn't have the best memory these days, but she always remembers my husband, Juli-A, and sometimes Luke's names, but rarely mine lately...hmm...



















Our little Luke, climbing around...

No comments: