Monday, December 25, 2006

Bob

I've been wanting to write about a couple of cute things Luke's been up to lately but haven't managed it, so I think there may be a bit of a boost in blog entries...if I can manage it now! Here's one funny moment I had to share...
For the past forever I've been trying to get Luke to say "mom". His favorite word by far is "dad", I hear it all day long, it's cute, it's great, I'm so glad he loves his dad, loves to pretend to call him and say "hi dad" as clear as day, but really, with all the hours I put in, a little bit of "mom" vocabulary would be nice!! So anyway, yesterday morning he wakes up in his usual chipper and chatty mood, and starts blabbing away, going up to Julio and saying "hi dad", "dad, da, dad" etc etc. So then after a stream of lovely dad conversation we try to get him to say "mom". We say "where's mom" and he looks at me and it's all very nice, but of course we're still hoping he'll SAY it! Julio is becoming almost as preoccupied with this as I am, mostly to get me to shut up about it probably. Anyway, finally I say to him, Luke, I'm Mom! And he says "Bob". And I say "Mom". And he says "Bob Bob Bob". We laughed quite a lot which I think just encouraged him because he just kept smiling and calling me Bob. I can just picture kindergarten, walking into class and the teacher asks him, "who's in your family?" and he replies "dad and Bob!" Lovely.
Well, I must admit, after all those Bob shenanigans, I got the best Christmas present EVER this morning. Luke called me mom about 5 times in a row, clear as a bell. So, I think I'll forgive this little "Bob" episode and just store it away as one of those great toddler memories...

No comments: