Thursday, November 01, 2007

Our Pasta Making Bee




I don't know what constitutes a "bee", but we have had some serious pasta fun this morning. Julio has been determined to find a way of making rice pasta, so yesterday he borrowed his mom's pasta maker and today is experimentation day. We've bought some rice pasta at the store which tastes reasonably good, although it's about 6 times more expensive than regular pasta. So Julio thought we could save some money (plus it could be fun) to try making our own. I can't say we were major pasta eaters before I got diagnosed with celiac disease, but I suppose the italian in Julio can't let us have a pasta-less house, so here we are. Enjoy the pictures.



5 comments:

kristin said...

That looks like fun! And I love Julio's apron. Maybe you should go into the pasta making business!

Robyn said...

So, what does the pasta taste like? Looks like fun!

Corinna said...

Funny you should say that Kristin, we've talked about it!
The pasta tasted pretty good, a little chewier than regular pasta but with sauce and yummy meatballs a la Julio, it was quite tasty.

Ryan, Jodi, Liam & Seth said...

Looks tasty! Julio looks like a real Italian. Reminds me of those playdoh things where you can squish out different shapes, except now the kids can eat it while you're watching.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so inovative! and I can see that you all had way too much fun (Is there such a thing as way too much fun?) I doubt it! Families that play together stay together. Keep up the good work!