Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthday Boys

Today we celebrated the boys' birthdays. Yesterday was Samuel's first birthday and on Tuesday Luke turns 3, and just for fun we're throwing our anniversary in tomorrow so we can keep partying around here. We planned those pregnancies well, didn't we?!?
Because I'm tired and it's been a long day, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


This cake was hired out and so worth it! My cousin, Jessica, is a cake decorator and did such a great job. Luke just loved it. And Sammy did too, in the eating kind of way.




It was a really fun day for the boys - Samuel just went from person to person mooching food like he owned the place and Luke was in cousin heaven. They got great gifts, lots of nice clothes and fun toys and Julio and my dad built them a big sandbox which all the kids enjoyed. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Somehow we weren't even running around frantically beforehand; I managed to squeeze in a haircut for Luke about an hour before the party. So now we're in post-party heaven and I'm so relieved. As much as I love a party, I think I love when it's over almost as much.
I just had to squeeze in a few pictures of our baseball night too. We took Luke to a Goldeye's game on Friday as my dad had won 18 boxseat tickets and so we had a fun little crowd out. He had a blast. And can I just say that every penny of those dollarama sunglasses are so worth it, even though he doesn't want to wear them anymore. Nothing says cute like an almost-three-year-old in cheap plastic sunglasses. At a baseball game.



3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love the sunglasses! Thanks for posting all those pictures.

L said...

Happy birthday, boys! And happy anniversary, C & J. You HAVE had a busy week. Love your hair!

Rose said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Always enjoy reading what you and your boys are up to.