Here's what we did this morning.

Step 1: the planning. Luke and I drew 4 pumpkins and then got dad's approval. Then we drew two more and went with the bottom right one. Julio liked square teeth more than pointy teeth. Who knew?

Step 2: Drawing on the pumpkin. Luke asked if he could colour the orange (his role in the planning phase) but I mentioned to him that it was already orange, to which he replied, "oh right. it IS orange!" So this is the uncoloured, naturally orange pumpkin, in it's pre-carved state.

Step 3: Let the carving begin! Julio was the designated carver and Luke was the designated cheerer. He cheered a lot throughout the initial "cut the top off" carving process.

Luke really liked this part.

Way to go dad!

Step 4: Scooping out seeds and junk.

Step 5: Face carving. Very intense. Luke was a little disturbed that Julio kept cutting up his face. At this point Luke and Samuel needed a little snack from all their hard work (yeah right, Luke wouldn't even touch the gooey stuff) and so they sat while Julio carved. Julio and Luke had kind of an interesting conversation filled with many a "why". Here's a video of the process...(kind of long, no obligation to watch it all)

Step 5: Displaying the creation! Voila. Buckteeth pumpkin has come to life.

The happy pumpkin guys.
And now for a couple of other random moments. Julio and I went to the ballet on Thursday. I was quite excited about this and felt it necessitated a new outfit. Seeing as I don't trust my clothes shopping abilities for myself, I solicitated Jaimee's help in the shopping process.
A fun time was had by all, at shopping, and the ballet. The boys even behaved well for our babysitter, so miracles were abounding that night. It was all magic, besides being in the children's section of the ballet (second balcony) with kids tearing around the halls before the ballet began. But everyone behaved themselves during the ballet, including Steve and Sheri-Lee (our ballet dates). Again, miracles do happen. We saw Carmina Burana, and the music and choral was absolutely amazing. Even with my eyes closed (which may have just happened a couple of times...long week, dim lights, soothing music...especially the first part, Beethoven's Seventh Symphony had a bit of a lulling effect on me...lovely) it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

And here's a picture of "Noodle Head" as we referred to him after this meal. Nothing says cute like noodles on a head, n'est-ce pas?

Giggling Sammy with noodles on his head is quite cute too, in my humble opinion.

Samuel's daily ritual...wake-up, run and get a book, get up on the couch and read. It's so amazing to me how much he loves books! I'm a little tired of making animal noises all day, but at least he's happy.
9 comments:
You guys look great. Who took the picture? From the low camera angle I'm guessing Luke or an artistic Kristine.
Maybe if miracles really were abounding for you guys that night, my parents will have another grandchild some time in 09.
And I'm the one accused of setting the standards high for blog posting. This post is the doctoral thesis of blog posts. Or something.
I love the picture of Julio 'scalping' the pumpkin... mainly because Sammy's in the background hiding being the chair, shivering at the carnage.
Nice pumpkin carving though (pics and video and description and probably muffins from the goo)
Also glad we were all able to make it to the ballet. You guys did look great and the night was fun.
Sammy's an easy going spaghetti-hatter and book-reader.
Good stuff Megablogger!
Timer shot.
Woot! Just noticed: I made it onto your "Blogs I love to read".
So, I'll say again: Woot!
Wow. That's fun.
Woot. Woot.
Sushi so good. Sushi.
Aww-so cute with the noodles and all! Glad you had a beautiful date night! By the way, our pumpkin happens to look much like yours with the buck teeth.
what a fantastic family photo profile pic or whatever you call that at the top of your page. very nice!
Steve, love the comments. But I don't have a monogram that I can mouse over, so you still win the cool blogger award. You should all check out my cool friend Stephen who's now linked on the side of this blog to check out what a REAL blogger can do...:P
Great family photo. You should make a Christmas card with that or something. Really.
Where are the photos of the Hallowe'en athlete? I demand cute pictures!
Are you saying by your lack of picture posting that you didn't take any pictures?
Post a Comment