all in a day...
I have a confession to make. I don't really like taking pictures. A big part is that we have an old camera and I find the pictures always turn out rather grainy, but another part is that sometimes it feels like, with a camera in hand, the moments of our lives become a little forced and artificial through a lens...that there is a sudden expectation to capture whimsical, thoughtful moments of our children or our lives, instead of just living that moment. Are we enjoying the moment so that we have great pictures to share with others later, to prove we've had good moments, or are we able to have enjoyable moments without any tangible memory of it? In reality, I do love pictures, to see those moments pause for a bit, and to look back and remember and cherish. And I also love carefree, camera-less days where the only pictures are in my memory.
Yesterday, however, was a camera day. So here we are, in a few photos, all in one day.
A trek through the Assiniboine Forest...building a bed...and boys taking pictures of knees and throats and laughing uncontrollably...




















No comments:
Post a Comment