Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The latest on Luke

Luke has had a busy past couple of weeks! He has really gotten going in terms of crawling, climbing, standing, getting stuck in tight places, maneuvering over and under things, etc, etc. It’s so fun to watch, I’m just so continually impressed with his curiosity and drive to try new things. Today we were at a play group with a couple of other moms and their kids, and I was all of a sudden struck by the realization that he's a KID now! He's chasing the other kids, pulling hair, eating paper...he's one of them! I can truly say that I am enjoying this phase of his life. The trick now is to savour it and not wish it away...I'm not sure why we do it, but so often we think and dream and plan of the next stage of our lives instead of savouring the one we're in. So here's a few snapshots of Luke's latest endeavors...swimming lessons with dad, going to the zoo with Belen, and then swimming at the lake this past weekend. He was really into the beach and water this past weekend, it was great! I'm looking forward to being there a lot this summer and seeing him become more and more of a beach bum...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel obliged to comment as I did somewhat pressure you into posting this blog. I'm sorry; I can't help it; I live vicariously through you; I need to know what you're doing every second of every day.
Jodi
p.s. I like the addition of your little family photo at the top - very cute.

Corinna said...

Thanks for commenting Jodi! I'm glad I have a blogging fan :). I can't wait to read yours...
Corinna

DAve and JAnie said...

I love swimming! He is so cute splishsplashing in the water!
Ha ha, the tight spaces things makes me laugh. I just can't fathom the idea od a moving baby yet. Corrina goes nowhere without my help, and in my mind this is the way it will always be.
I have to admit that i am one of those who dreams of the 'next stage' and has trouble loving the now. But i am getting better at it! I have put my thoughts of coloring books and building blocks aside and have enjoyed the foot finding stage.
What's this i hear? is Jodi planning on making a blog?
-Janie