Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Jake and Josh and lotsa guys!"

Luke's obsession with his cousin Josh continues and is now expanding...instead of just telling me stories of what he and Josh are doing ("Josh and me kick a ball at school" is a common phrase, for example), he has now decided to include Jake. So often it's Jake and Josh do such and such, mostly playing hockey in the basement or doing a variety of sport related activities "at school". (An aside - Luke will get scratches or a bump on himself and when we ask him when that happened he'll most often say, "at school" and when we insist that he doesn't actually go to school he just gets mad. Gotta love toddler logic, what an oxymoron.) Luke has been to a few more of Josh's games and I think has finally clued in that there are more people than just Josh on the ice, so now when he plays or tells me what he was doing downstairs when he comes up, he'll say, "Jake and Josh and lotsa guys..." And the other day his prelude of explanation was "Jake and Josh and lotsa guys and Claire..." so his circle of imaginary friends (who happen to exist) is expanding nicely. He makes me laugh.

So here's our hockey star for the first time on real ice with real skates...not quite the "go hard" attitude we see at home on our kitchen floor, but he is only two, and they are real skates, and I even found it cold...wow, is his complaining genetic or what?!?

(I tried to upload the Sammy eating for the first time video, but no luck. Oh well, it's not exactly an action flick so you're not really missing out.)

3 comments:

kristin said...

Such a treat to check our regular blogs today and get to watch videos of Luke and Liam in action. Noah and Luke loved it! Noah started skating lessons last week, so maybe I'll have to get a skating video up too.

Robyn said...

A - you didn't tell me there was a new post ... nevermind one that mentions my daughter.

B - I can't see the movie.

Robyn said...

C - Now I can see the movie.

Worth the wait.